The Shop team is responsible for the development and operation of services which support the sale and delivery of paid content such as Stickers, Emoji and Themes. We are seeking a senior server-side engineer to contribute to these services.
These products are a part of the core communication features in LINE and they enhance the interactions among our millions of users on a daily basis.
- Lead the design of software components and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve large-scale server-side software.
- Contribute to architectural designs which can improve the efficiency and flexibility of our services.
- Mentor and train team members on software design and coding standards.
- Work closely with other teams on the development of end-user facing web applications.
- Support the development of high quality code through active participation in code and design reviews.
Our services are built on these technologies:
Java, Spring Framework, RxJava2, Armeria, Nginx, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zipkin, Central Dogma, Ansible
<External resources about the team and our services>
- Solid knowledge and understanding of computer science (e.g. use of standard algorithms and data structures, OS, network, database) with B.S. level or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, including coding experience for web services or mobile applications.
- Work experience using version control systems (VCS), dependency management systems, and continuous-integration systems (CI).
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.
- Communication ability in Japanese or English.
- Experience developing applications using Java 8+.
- System architecture and design experience including but not limited to the following topics:
- Networking (HTTP 1.1/2, TCP/IP, DNS etc.)
- Micro-services, DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- RPC (REST, Thrift, ProtoBuf, etc)
- Asynchronous I/O
- RDBMS (MySQL, etc)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc)
- Distributed caching technologies such as Redis
- Implementation of distributed transactions
- Experience using a Linux/Unix development environment.
- Experience in the coaching, management and/or leadership of a technical team.
- Open-source software development experience and/or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- Motivation to learn Japanese and English.
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
Details to be shared during interviews.