As a member of the team, you will design, build, and operate networks for LINE's office buildings, and design Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) for interoffice connectivity across LINE's offices worldwide. Note that this role does not include managing PCs or other devices.
Specifically, you will not only design physical infrastructure for wired LANs but also select, design, build and operate network hardware solutions for our office buildings in Japan.
The role also involves ensuring that the design and operation of the networks provides users with stable connectivity even when a large number of devices are connected concurrently via wireless LAN.
Furthermore, with LINE's expanding global footprint, you will not just design LANs that work within a single office building but also design and standardize WANs across LINE's overseas offices to maintain seamless interoffice connectivity through collaboration with LINE's local IT departments.
Since the team you will join is handling both network design and operation for LINE services, you will be able to get involved in both according to your interests.
- Plan, design, build, and operate wired and wireless LAN and telephone networks for LINE's headquarters in Japan
- Plan, design, build, and operate wired and wireless LAN for LINE's other offices in Japan and abroad
- Design, build and operate interoffice networks
- Conduct field studies and build and configure network hardware for new offices
- Design secure networks
- 3+ years of experience in network planning, design, building, and operation work
- Experience in planning, designing, building and operating enterprise networks for a company with multiple locations
- Experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, wireless LAN equipment)
- Experience in selecting products for WANs and contract negotiation with vendors
- Business level English (both spoken and written), and proficiency in Korean or Japanese
Note: To help you communicate in Japanese, we will provide you with language support (e.g. interpreters) for up to 12 months in your first year. After that, you are expected to communicate in Japanese without interpreters. You will be provided with an opportunity to take Japanese language courses according to your Japanese level.
- Knowledge of and experience with Cisco Switch and UC products
- Knowledge of and experience with Aruba products
- Knowledge of and experience with wireless LAN authentication technologies
- Experience in building and operating enterprise networks for global companies
- Experience in building and operating wireless LAN with a large number of devices connected
- Passionate about network engineering and committed to sustaining high quality networks
- Ambitious and proactively challenges the status quo
- Ability to plan ahead and take initiative
- Communicate effectively with other teams both in and outside Japan
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
Details to be shared during interviews.