About this Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) for backend API and mobile apps to support our services expanding and diversifying on the LINE platform, home to over 81 million active users.
The SET will propose and implement improvements to DX (Developer eXperience) and LINE’s platform quality with automated tests.
- Inform and coach product development teams on the best testing strategies and tools for a product
- Develop and operate test automation tools and their environments
- Develop and operate a service failure detection and recovery support system using automated tests
- Propose and implement business and process improvements using automated tests
- Experience developing server side and/or web applications
- Experience writing automated test scripts using JUnit or other testing frameworks
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- Experience building and operating a system to run automated tests on a CI server
- Experience building and operating the following automated tests:
- Web API tests
- End-to-End Tests for web applications and/or smartphone apps
- Service Tests and/or End-to-End Tests for microservices
- Skills and experience with the following in relation to automated tests:
-TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Mock/Test Doubles
- Experience designing and conducting Performance Testing
- Experience with open-source software (OSS) (Hadoop, Redis, Spring Framework, Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Experience developing traffic-heavy websites (portal sites, e-commerce websites, online communities, etc.)
- Business-level English (reading/writing)
- Experience with Agile, especially Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP)
- Experience identifying issues, and proposing and implementing solutions to them
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
Details to be shared during interviews.