The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are currently facing difficulties applying for working visas and traveling into Japan is restricted. Under these circumstances we are currently unable to extend offers to candidates who are living outside of Japan or do not own a permit to work in Japan. However, we continue to track the situation and once it is safe to proceed with recruiting, we will again open positions to candidates who wish to work at LINE in Japan.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) for leading
Test Automation for microservices and Web APIs design, build, operation, and improvement of failure detection systems for microservices to support our services expanding and diversifying continuously on the LINE platform, home to over 83 million active users.
The SET will propose and implement improvements iteratively and incrementally to DX (Developer eXperience) and LINE’s platform quality with Test Automation and DevOps.
- Propose and coach product development teams on the best testing strategies and tools for a product
- Develop and operate Test Automation tools and their environments
- Develop and operate a service failure detection and recovery support system using Test Automation
- Propose and implement business and process improvements using Test Automation
Please refer to the following documents to know more about concrete responsibilities and activities of SET.
- Inform and coach product development teams on the best testing strategies and tools for a product
- Develop and operate test automation tools and their environments
- Develop and operate a service failure detection and recovery support system using automated tests
- Propose and implement business and process improvements using automated tests
At least one of the following skills and experience:
- At least 5+ years of developing and operating server-side Web APIs and/or web applications with Java or Kotlin
- At least 3+ years of developing and operating client-side applications with Vue.js
At least 5+ years of skills and experience with the following:
- Writing automated test scripts for Unit Testing and Integration Testing using JUnit or other xUnit frameworks
- Building and operating a system to run automated test scripts on a CI server
Skills and experience with the following in relation to Test Automation:
- TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Mock/Test Doubles
Experience with Agile, especially Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP)
Business-level Japanese (reading/writing/speaking)
Business-level English (reading/writing/speaking)
At least 5+ years of experience building, writing, and operating the following Test Automation:
- Web API tests (RESTful API, Thrift API, gRPC, etc.)
- (Server-side) Service Tests and/or End-to-End Tests for microservices
- (Client-side) End-to-End Tests for web applications and/or smartphone apps
-At least 1+ years of experience building and operating Microservice Architecture applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building, writing, and operating automated test scripts with BDD (Behavior-Driven Development) framework like Cucumber and/or Karate
- Experience designing and conducting Performance Testing
- Experience with open-source software (OSS) (Spring Boot, Maven, Gradle, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience developing traffic-heavy websites (portal sites, e-commerce websites, online communities, etc.)
- Experience identifying issues, and proposing and implementing solutions to them
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
*Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)]
Shinjukul, Osaki, Minami-shinjuku, Yotsuya
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (outdoor Smoking Area)]
Shinuku (NEX), Nishi-shinjuku
Details to be shared during interviews.