The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are currently facing difficulties applying for working visas and traveling into Japan is restricted. Under these circumstances we are currently unable to extend offers to candidates who are living outside of Japan or do not own a permit to work in Japan. However, we continue to track the situation and once it is safe to proceed with recruiting, we will again open positions to candidates who wish to work at LINE in Japan.
LINE provides various platform services using not only the core enumeration application but also the technology cultivated through application development. In this position, you will be involved in the design and development of such platform service infrastructure and web applications.
[Details of work]
Server-side API / Web application design and development
Achieve service compliance, stability, ease of use, and flexibility for continuous improvement
Product quality improvement through code review and teamwork
[Products you may be in charge of]
FinTech products such as LINE Securities and LINE Bank
OpenStack-based private cloud Verda
AI technology SaaS, LINE BRAIN
LINE car navigation
[Technology used mainly in development]
[Required experience and skills]
- Have one or more familiar programming languages
- Excellent communication skills for smooth development in teams
- Web application development and operation experience
- Conversational level Japanese
[Welcome experience and skills]
- Extensive development experience in languages such as JVM and Go
- Infrastructure development experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding and experience in microservices architecture
- Speech experience in developer community and conference
- Experience raising junior engineers as mentors
- Experience leading the development team as a tech lead, including technology selection
- Development and operation experience of web applications that handle large-scale data and traffic
- Development / operation experience in the cloud such as AWS / GCP / Azure
- Those who are eager to explore and acquire new technologies, and who have a strong intellectual curiosity and spirit of challenge
- Those who are not only technically oriented but can develop from a product perspective
- Those who want to develop with impact that provides new value to people's lifestyle
Location: LINE KYOTO
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
*Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)]
Shinjukul, Osaki, Minami-shinjuku, Yotsuya
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (outdoor Smoking Area)]
Shinuku (NEX), Nishi-shinjuku
Details to be shared during interviews.