The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are currently facing difficulties applying for working visas and traveling into Japan is restricted. Under these circumstances we are currently unable to extend offers to candidates who are living outside of Japan or do not own a permit to work in Japan. However, we continue to track the situation and once it is safe to proceed with recruiting, we will again open positions to candidates who wish to work at LINE in Japan.
We are seeking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to work on the availability and stability of LINE's paid content platform including Stickers, Emojis, and Themes.
These products are a part of the core communication features in LINE and they enhance the interactions among our millions of users on a daily basis.
- Analyze and solve technical problems of system by software engineering.
- Maintain and improve application or middlewares to achieve low latency and high availability.
- Monitor system to detect problems and plan system capacity.
- Develop tools and system to automate the routine operations for efficient software development.
- Participate in the entire software development process including design, development, delivery, monitoring, and improvement.
- Work with other engineers to build the environment, operate the services, and improve continuously to achieve the above goals.
Our services are built on these technologies:
Java, Spring Framework, RxJava2, Armeria, Nginx, MongoDB, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Zipkin, Central Dogma, Ansible
<External resources about the team & service>
- Knowledge and understanding in computer science (e.g. use of standard algorithms and data structures, OS, network, database).
- Experience in software development for web services or mobile applications using Java.
- Experience using a Linux/Unix development environment.
- Strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic.
- Communication ability in Japanese or English.
- Experience of using the latest Java programming language (Java 8+).
- Knowledge and experience about JVM.
- Experience in development and operation for large-scale system.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems, and automate the tasks.
- System architecture and design experience including but not limited to the following topics:
- Networking (HTTP 1.1/2, TCP/IP, DNS etc.)
- Micro-services, DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- RPC (REST, Thrift, ProtoBuf, etc)
- Asynchronous I/O
- Task Automation
- RDBMS (MySQL, etc)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc)
- Distributed Cache (Redis, etc)
- Distributed Transaction
- Open-source software development experience and or participation in open source communities is also a plus.
- Motivated to learn Japanese and English language.
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
*Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)]
Shinjukul, Osaki, Minami-shinjuku, Yotsuya
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (outdoor Smoking Area)]
Shinuku (NEX), Nishi-shinjuku
Details to be shared during interviews.