The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we are currently facing difficulties applying for working visas and traveling into Japan is restricted. Under these circumstances we are currently unable to extend offers to candidates who are living outside of Japan or do not own a permit to work in Japan. However, we continue to track the situation and once it is safe to proceed with recruiting, we will again open positions to candidates who wish to work at LINE in Japan.
LINE provides a messaging service to hundreds of millions of the users in the world-wide, which means that we have large-scale systems with high availability requirement.
Observability Infrastructure team at LINE is the team behind the monitoring infrastructure which helps LINE engineers to maintain the availability of those systems. You will be part of the team that builds metrics, log and trace data pipeline which serves hundreds of millions of data points and events per minute, as well as visualization system which helps other engineers to easily troubleshoot their application.
<What you'll do>
- Design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at scale.
- Write tools which improve reliability of current running system.
- Define on-call process and standards.
- Collaborate with other engineers over LINE to design new feature of our observability stack.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, including Open-Source projects.
- Familiarity with linux performance analysis tools like tracers, profilers, debuggers, visualization tools.
- Experience to operate, introduce open source software to production at scale (ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Interest in metrics and devops practice
- Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems that back a consumer app or website.
- Experience integrating performance tools into Continuous Integration/Deployment pipelines.
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
*Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)]
Shinjukul, Osaki, Minami-shinjuku, Yotsuya
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (outdoor Smoking Area)]
Shinuku (NEX), Nishi-shinjuku
Details to be shared during interviews.