We have multiple on-premise IT infrastructure sites with over 40,000 servers and 1Tbps internet traffic worldwide.
A wide variety of applications are being deployed on the infrastructure everyday and there are more than 2,500 developers in over 10 locations worldwide.
With this scale of infrastructure and developers, Learning and operating cost is too high for developers to deploy their applications with awareness of the infrastructure and its configuration.
We, infrastructure software engineers, are responsible for building and operating the platform which enables it to connect applications and infrastructure seamlessly using software techniques and methods.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for quality management of our private cloud platform "Verda".
Please take a look at the following slides for further detail about our cloud.
- Quality management for the cloud service based on the OpenStack.
- Reviewing planning documents and service specifications to identify improvements and provide timely, meaningful feedback.
- Build a test plan for new and existing projects and performing test activities based on the plan so that ensure quality and reliability.
- Reporting improvements and defects, and perform through regression testing when issues are resolved.
- Design, develop and execute automation test and test tools for UI and API tests.
- Monitoring system/service, identifying quality issues and drive corrective actions to improve or resolve them.
- Surveying latest trends and studying new technology in order to resolve current testing limitations.
- Develop and apply QA process for new and existing projects to meet user needs.
- Facilitating stakeholders to understand, learn, and follow the QA process.
- Have knowledge in software testing.
- At least 5-years experience in software QA.
- Be able to analyze, design and execute tests based on the ISTQB test process.
- Have experience in process improvement activities.
- Have experience or knowledge in infra or cloud.
- Ability to understand the core values of the service and are capable of risk-based quality management activities.
- Being capable of implementing test automation for the project if necessary.
- Have experience in JIRA, Confluence and Github.
- Good at communicating and collaborate with stakeholders.
- No problem or difficulty in traveling overseas for business trips.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Cloud Experience (OpenStack)
- Have experience in implementing test automation by using like tools Selenium, Robot framework.
- Have experience CI/CD tools like Jenkins/CircleCI.
- Programming skills in Python and/or Java.
- Ability to execute non-functional testing.
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
Details to be shared during interviews.