We have multiple on-premise IT infrastructure sites with over 40,000 servers and 1Tbps internet traffic worldwide.
Our infrastructure is growing by 30% annually due to service growth and diversification.
A wide variety of applications are being deployed on the infrastructure everyday and there are more than 2,500 developers in over 10 locations worldwide.
With this scale of infrastructure and developers, Learning and operating cost is too high for developers to deploy their applications with awareness of the infrastructure and its configuration.
We, infrastructure software engineers, are responsible for building and operating the platform which enables it to connect applications and infrastructure seamlessly using software techniques and methods.
In this position, You'll be responsible for OpenStack and its middleware of our private cloud platform "Verda" as follows.
- Resolving operation issues on multiple large scale OpenStack clusters
- Customizing and fixing bugs OSS (mainly OpenStack) to meet our requirements
- Troubleshoot our private cloud related softwares (OpenStack, Libvirt, QEMU, Dnsmasq, Kubernetes)
- 3+ years of experience of server-side software engineering (C or Go or Python)
- Experience of software trouble shooting
- Knowledge of cloud service (network and storage and virtualization).
- Mind to learn new technologies positively
- Ability to use English (most of communications are done in English)
- Experience operating or integrating OpenStack or Kubernetes
- Ability to troubleshoot OSS with code-level
- Experience customizing OSS for company business requirements
- Experience of contributing OSS
- Experience operating or developing a distributed system
- Experience making presentations in tech conferences
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Shinjuku Office /JR SHINJUKU MIRAINA TOWER 23rd FL.,4-1-6 Shinjuku,Shinjuku-ku,Tokyo,160-0022
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
Details to be shared during interviews.