- Define specialized aspects of user's data base administrator documentation and perform detailed comparisons of various data base systems.
- Develop backup and archival policies and procedures.
- Configure storage systems software to meet requirements.
- Perform administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning).
- Implement software solutions for performance enhancement, job scheduling and increased user capability.
[Qualifications and Skills]
- 5+ years of DBA experience with Linux/UNIX including shell script development and debugging
- Experience with database tuning to accommodate complex queries against large databases
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Understanding, articulating, and operating Oracle and Mysql Database platform management.
- SQL and PL-SQL programming/scripting skills
- High Availability Databases skills (Oracle RAC, Mysql HA)
- Financial experience